The safety of our patients, community and staff is of the utmost importance to Renewed Vision. Considering the issues surrounding COVID-19, commonly referred to as Coronavirus, we wanted to let our patients know about the precautionary steps we are taking.
We believe that preparing our staff and proving information to patients are positive steps to avoid spreading the virus.
- Patients are being asked to reschedule their appointments if they have a fever, respiratory illness or if they have traveled to a COVID-19 impacted area or been in close contact with someone who has.
- Team members who have respiratory issues or fever are instructed to stay home
- We have removed magazines in the waiting room, for now, to avoid having items that are shared among patients
- Common areas, surfaces, and share items are being sanitized more frequently
- Patients recovering from cold symptoms are asked to wear a mask in the office. Any patient with a fever is asked to call to reschedule to avoid entering the office.
While the overall risk of COVID-19 to the general public remains low, elderly people and individuals with chronic medical conditions may have increased risk for COVID-19. The best prevention measure for any respiratory virus are:
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-base hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
We encourage you to take steps to protect you and your family. IF you are concerned that you have been exposed to COVID-19 or if you have symptoms, please call your physician to be tested – and be sure to follow their guidelines to avoid spreading the virus. We also encourage you to take measures to boost your immune system such as rest and hydration.
If you have any questions or concerns related to COVID-19 and an upcoming appointment at our office, please call us at 706-387-0111.
Please understand that Renewed Vision is not a governing body, and we encourage our patents to use available resources to find current information on appropriate courses of action. Resources include the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)